How to Sell Your Items Online
There are many ways you can shop online with HughesNet high-speed satellite Internet for almost anything you can imagine. But did you know that you could sell almost anything online, too?
Online retailers, such as eBay and Amazon.com, have hosted online sellers for a long time. Now there are even more websites that allow you opportunities to sell online.
Grab your supply of used or unwanted items and start selling online today with any of these great websites:
Start your online selling business at eBay.com. Create an account and list your first item. Then follow these recommended steps to start a successful online market:
- Add a detailed description to your item’s listing.
- Include keywords in your item’s title, such as model, brand, size, color, etc.
- Include photos of your item in the eBay listing.
- Clearly state your requirements, such as “no returns” or “only ship within U.S.”
- Respond to buyers in a timely fashion.
- Establish a PayPal account for safety and convenience.
- Communicate with the winning bidder once an item has been won (purchased) and shipped.
Craigslist is a great resource for selling and listing items online locally. To get the most out of the experience, consider these tips when using Craigslist to sell an item:
- Keep your ad short and concise.
- List your item in the correct category and location.
- Price your item high—this gets buyers interested in the quality and you will likely get buyers who want to make a deal for a lower price.
- Only accept cash—this protects you from scammers when PayPal is not an option.
- Meet in person in a public place, if possible. This creates a safe and comfortable environment for both you and the buyer.
List and sell your own unwanted clothing items to make extra cash. List your items for free to keep 80% of the selling price, or let ThreadFlip do everything for you and you’ll keep 60% of the selling price.
Two simple options will make it easy to resell your pre-loved clothing, shoes, and accessories. Create an account and follow the prompts to set up your online “closet” for buyers to peruse.
If you’re looking for a great place to sell your handmade, vintage, or artsy items, head over to Etsy.com. Create and sell your one-of-a-kind items at Etsy for a fun way to make additional income. Follow these tips for success on Etsy.com:
- Use professional or high-quality photos to list your items.
- Compare similar listings online and price your item according to your material, labor, and shipping costs.
- Understand your market—who do you want to sell to? What do they want to buy?
- Share your Etsy store on social media for added visibility in the online marketplace.
Amazon.com is the world’s largest online marketplace. Items can be listed and relisted without penalty to the seller. Plus you don’t have to spend time making your product look awesome with your photos—Amazon.com provides the product photos for you.
Here are some great tips for listing your items on Amazon.com:
- Check the condition of your item and report it accurately in the listing.
- Write a small but convincing sales pitch for your item—it will be competing against similar listings.
- Price it right, according to the condition and other listings of the same item.
- Once your item has sold, thank the buyer and promptly ship the item to quickly receive your payment.